Teams' Leader_ Dokuz Eylul University DEU
Dokuz Eylül University is a large scale (3294 academic personnel and 72540 students) education and research organisation, and one of the largest educational institutions in Turkey.
The institution is education-oriented; however, it also leads and participates in many national and international research projects funded by the European Commission’s H2020, bilateral international research programmes, and nationally funded research activities.
The Departments of Environmental Engineering and Civil Engineering are part of the Faculty of Engineering which employs close to 400 academic staff.
The expertise of the partner lies in the following subjects:
• development and application of regional-scale groundwater flow models.
• development and application of regional-scale surface flow and watershed models.
• hydrological, hydrogeological and geochemical characterisation of aquifers and river basins.
• hydrological, hydrogeological and geochemical characterisation of surface and subsurface systems (aquifers and river basins).
• multi-criteria decision making for water resources.
• processing, analyses, and interpretation of spatial data within a GIS framework.
Role in the project:
DEU will lead groundwater flow modelling tasks for all pilot sites (WP5) and will be actively involved in some tasks of WP2 (conceptual model of Gediz River Basin), WP3 (A-DInSAR interpretation in the pilot site in Turkey), WP4 (analysis of stress strain-curves), WP6.